[BRLTTY] Creating needed but missing resources.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Jul 5 01:52:33 EDT 2007

Hi:

What if we tackle two problems with one solution. There's the issue of telling
brltty to or not to create needed but missing resources. There's also the issue
that some distributions don't like us creating those resources in /etc/brltty.
We could make the default be that no needed but missing resources are created,
and then add the -W [--writable-directory] option which, if specified, would
tell brltty to go ahead and create them in the specified directory. We could,
of coursek, also add a brltty.conf directive and a configure script option for
establishing a default setting. Questions:

Is giving one option two meanings a bad idea in this case as it often is in
other cases?

What if a default writable directory has been established and then the user
wishes to disable it?