[BRLTTY] Creating needed but missing resources.

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Jul 6 04:54:49 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 01:52:33AM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:

> Is giving one option two meanings a bad idea in this case as it often is in
> other cases?

I think this is entirely reasonable. It can be thought of as only one option,
which, if specified, means "create the necessary resources in this directory",
where "this directory" has a default. If the option isn't specified, then no
resource creation occurs.

> What if a default writable directory has been established and then the user
> wishes to disable it?

If the resources are unmounted when BRLTTY dies, and the directory deleted (if
and only if it was created by BRLTTY itself at the start of the session), then
the user could kill BRLTTY, then restart it, in order to eliminate this
behaviour and the associated resources (file systems, device files, etc.) that
were created/mounted by BRLTTY.