[BRLTTY] USB failures in windows

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Jul 9 07:48:24 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2007/07/09 at 10:23 +0200]

>- shouldn't usbReadEndpoint report ETIMEDOUT at least at initialization?

I no longer remember why the libusb support of usbReadEndpoint() explicitly
doesn't report ETIMEDOUT. Perhaps it had something to do with noise reduction
when the display was unplugged. In any event, no other platofrm support has
this characteristic so the libusb support code has now been changed so that
ETIMEDOUT will be reported.  If users complain that it's reporting the
condition in an annoying way then we'll look at it again.

>- are ETIMEDOUT and EAGAIN really non-recoverable errors?

Not necessarily. This may be an oversight. Which piece of code are you
referring to?