[BRLTTY] USB failures in windows

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Jul 9 12:32:09 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2007/07/09 at 15:05 +0200]

>In the case of libusb, you can assume that on the windows platform
>ETIMEDOUT is 116 (it's actually the only error number that is hard-coded
>in the libusb-win32 source).

But we need to know the value of ETIMEDOUT in portable code which doesn't even
know that libusb is being used. Doing their own define in order to return an
error which they know the caller can't easily test for isn't my idea of good
programming. Does libusb at least do its define of ETIMEDOUT in some header
that we have acces to?

We could make our libusb support code lie by returning EAGAIN instead. :-(