[BRLTTY] enable-standalone-programs compile error.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jul 11 10:02:36 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by Raoul on 2007/07/11 at 15:29 +0200]

>On a fresh cvsup (3.8), on FreeBSD current (7.0),
>
>compiling without enable-standalone-programs compile quite well,
>with --enable-standalone-programs, the compile fails with the following error:
>ld error: can't find -lXaw library...
>
>i tried with LDFLAGS=/usr/local/lib,
>with with -l/usr/local/lib etc. nothing works.

I don't have access to any bsd flavour for testing so perhaps someone else can
be more specific. What I'm sure of, though, is that you need to specify the -L
(uppercase) option if you want to specify a directory. For example:

   LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib

The configure script would be looking for -lXaw because it found the headers
for that package. I don't know how bsd systems work, but perhaps you have the
development package but not the run-time package for it.