[BRLTTY] 3.8 has now been released.

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Jun 4 20:54:55 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 11:07:51AM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
> Release 3.8 of BRLTTY is now officially available. Some questions:

First, congratulations are in order.

> It's currently listed as beta, with 3.7.2 being listed as production. Should we
> leave it that way, or do we believe it's had enough testing to warrant being
> called production right away?

At least for me, 3.7.2 exhibits crashes as the result of memory allocation
bugs which we found and fixed in the 3.8 development cycle. For this reason it
would be misleading to recommend 3.7.2 over 3.8 to anyone using a recent Baum
display, at least on x86_64 Linux.

As soon as anyone reports a bug, the first question will be whether it still
occurs under 3.8, so we might as well be recommending 3.8 in the first place.

> Which mailing lists (other than this one, of course), these days, should this
> be announced on?

Some have already been suggested; I would add gnome-accessibility as well.

> Should the announcement include the change log (which is about a hundred
> lines)?

Either include it, or provide a URI to the version that will appear on your
Web site.