[BRLTTY] Trying BLRTTY on live CD with other than default text table

Tomas Valusek tvalusek at seznam.cz
Thu Jun 7 13:02:43 EDT 2007

Hello,

BRLTTY is finding its way to Windows as a supporting system for braille
displays in NVDA. I'd like to try it out in its "natural" unx-like
environment. Since I have single NTFS partition on my hard drive, I'd
like to use some live distro. I downloaded Ubuntu 7.04 DVD image, but
I'm unable to change BRLTTY's default text table. I'm not used to
American braille table, so I'd like to use included Czech one. But
trying to run command similar to "brltty -t czech" gives series of error
mesages saying something about denial of access to screen content. I'm
writing my mail in Windows, so I can't be more specific right now.

Do you know abyout any live distro where I can easily select my
preferred text table for BRLTTY? Thank you.

Tomas Valusek