[BRLTTY] Kernel 2.6.21 USB issues

Boris Boris.Daix at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 05:15:00 EDT 2007

Hello Jason, hello all,

I have some very similar issues.  For instance, if I leave my desktop
to take a coffee break, when I am back, my display is still on but
BRLTTY does not drive it anymore.  From there I disconnect and reset
my display, kill BRLTTY, start BRLTTY, connect my display, and most of
the time, this procedure will not even succeed.

It is very annoying.

Display: BAUM Supervario 40
OS: Debian Sid, linux 2.6.21-1-686

Any idea ?

Jason White <jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au> writes:

> On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 09:18:56AM +0200, Elias Oltmanns wrote:
>
>> Well, at least I can assure you that there is no such problem with tho
>> old version brltty 3.7.2 on a vanilla 2.6.21 kernel.
>
> Thanks. I can't remember whether any of this has changed for 2.8. There is
> undoubtedly a problem here, however (Debian 2.6.21, x86_64 architecture).

Boris Daix