[BRLTTY] Cygwin and exitting BRLTTY

Tomas Valusek tvalusek at seznam.cz
Tue Jun 12 00:14:31 EDT 2007

Hello,
> Why would you want to kill it? Don't you need it for your whole
> windows session ?

Actually, I don't, since I control my computer visually. All
accessibility tools I know act as a virtual wheelchair, but for me gimp
stick is enough. I'd like to use BRLTTY as document reading tool while
working in other window, but it's another topic in this discussion. And
if I forget to supply -r swithc on startup, there's no way to release
Braille for another apps when BRLTTY is running, and killing BRLTTY from
task manager won't release Braille display as well, so my other apps
can't access Braille. So I need to be able correctly quit BRLTTY,
releasing all resources it used, including Braille.

Tomas Valusek