[BRLTTY] brltty and braillenote

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Jun 16 07:34:45 EDT 2007

Hi,

brltty at mielke.cc would is a far better place, yes.

> but since brltty v2.99z, they claim the braillenote is supported, but is it still supported in newer versions?

Why wouldn't it be? :)
It's still said so in the README (see
http://mielke.cc/brltty/doc/README.txt )

> For the life of me I cannot figure out how to do an accessible install of a distro via my BrailleNote's braille display. If anyone has hints or tips for me that'd be great. I don't have an external synth nor do I have the cash for one. I'll be connecting via a serial line. I need do be able to install a distro without any problems by september, and if anyone has a screen name and wants to talk me through this online feel free email me off list.

I'd just you just have the choice! At least Ubuntu and Debian have
integrated support (see http://brl.thefreecat.org/wiki/moin.cgi/debian
), and for Fedora, Dave provides installer images on
http://mielke.cc/brltty/download.html#braillified .

Samuel