[BRLTTY] Making mutt even more braille friendly

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jun 19 20:11:25 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 07:39:47AM +1000, Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, S?bastien Hinderer wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Now that mutt has the braille_friendly variable, it can be used to make
>> mutt even more braille_friendly than what it is already.
>> My question: are there improvements in mutt's behaviour that you guys
>> would like to see implemented, making mutt even easier to use with a
>> braille display ?
>> Possible suggestions could be: better handling of the cursor in the
>> pager, having the cursor positionned on messages appearing at the bottom
>> of the screen, beeing able to browse messages with the arrow keys...
>
> Does this also apply to mutt-ng?

Mutt-ng was abandoned, effectively, by its developers as there wasn't
sufficient community support or development effort invested in the project.

More recently, a small group of former mutt-ng developers has created a new
version of mutt-ng, this time as a patch maintained against the official mutt
sources. That version would support all of the features of mutt, provided that
the patch applies against recent releases.

For further details, browse the mutt-ng newsgroups/mailing list archives at
http://www.gmane.org/