[BRLTTY] brltty, cygwin and windoweyes

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon May 7 19:38:56 EDT 2007

Dave Mielke, le Mon 07 May 2007 19:30:36 -0400, a écrit :
> [quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2007/05/08 at 00:38 +0200]
>
> >the patch I proposed makes brltty go to suspend mode as
> >soon as alt-tab is entered.  But that also means that the alt-tab info
> >is not refreshed (since it's suspend mode).
>
> Actually, that must mean that Window-Eyes also doesn't try to reclaim the
> display until the keys are released.

That's what Lee explained about Jaws in an earlier mail.

> Our problem, therefore, may be that brltty polls so it doesn't end
> up closing the device fast enough at least some of the time.

No, in the case of Jaws, Jaws will never try to grab it until alt-tab
is released actually, so it's not a problem of brltty not releasing
the device fast enough. I don't know how exactly WindowEyes behaves,
however.

> Can the Windows screen driver define a callback which we can then use
> to interrupt the main loop delay?

More often that currently, you mean?

Samuel