[BRLTTY] debian and brltty

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sat Nov 3 06:03:10 EDT 2007

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 02:47:57AM -0800, Hurst, Cody wrote:
> When I do the install..how will I know if I have the right kernel with
> brltty? And, how do I get to view the end of a line? I am having long lines
> and I can't hit advanced on my display to view the rest it just jumps to the
> next line..

There should be a "next window" function that moves through as many windows as
necessary to read the entire line. Read the BRLTTY help for your braille
display.

If you have a USB braille display, when you boot the BRLTTY-enabled Debian
installation image, it should detect the display automatically and you'll know
that it's working by the fact that the installation software starts up and
can be read using your display.

BRLTTY will also be installed onto the hard drive as part of Debian during the
installation process, again without any extra work on your part.