[BRLTTY] Booting the debian installer with brltty

mattias mj at mattiasweb.net
Tue Nov 6 10:49:47 EST 2007

I warn you for fedora
I hate it

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: brltty-bounces at mielke.cc [mailto:brltty-bounces at mielke.cc] För Hurst,
Cody
Skickat: den 6 november 2007 01:25
Till: Informal discussion between users and developers of BRLTTY.
Ämne: Re: [BRLTTY] Booting the debian installer with brltty

Yes, when you boot the installer, I just did this Friday night and I have a
braille note classic. Boot the disk, wait for it to stop spinning, then type

this boot command

install brltty=bn,ttyS0,en_us

that will get you going let me know if that doesn't but it did for me.
Remember that I used a net install CD for Etch which by the way is terrible
for up to date packages...but that should get you up and running.

After your o/s is installed which btw the process is a piece of cake, your
system will boot up from the hard drive and brltty will automatically start
up with your braille note. When using the review commands on the braille
note:

dots 1 and 4 move the display by character, dots 2 and 5 move by line, which

is all I needed to install.

  So I have my new Dell power edge server running debian 4.0 via terminal
and a desktop with the same, but the gnome desktop and the latest orca
didn't want to play nicely together so I'll have to find another distro to
install so I can use both terminal and gui. Maybe Fedora, however I'll play
around with it.