[BRLTTY] redhat 9 install?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Tue Nov 6 21:22:26 EST 2007

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 07:51:04PM -0800, Hurst, Cody wrote:
> Well, I dont' really want to shove ubuntu on that server, I want to put more
> of a professional o/s on it such as redhat or maybe fedora. Any other ideas
> though?

I suggest thinking more carefully about what you are looking for. Do you want
a high level of stability? Security bug fixes? A support contract from a
vendor?

Debian 4.0 (Etch) will provide a very stable distribution but won't be updated
for quite some time to another stable version. You could run debian testing as
a compromise, however, and update it regularly.

Centos is another option about which I know very little, but it is based on
Red Hat technology.

It's ultimately a matter of deciding what your needs are, then choosing a
distribution that has policies which satisfy your requirements.