[BRLTTY] "Can't access console"

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Nov 8 06:52:57 EST 2007

[quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2007/11/08 at 10:03 +0100]

>Actually, initramfs moves the /dev hierarchy over to the
>new root directory, so the /dev directory is actually not different,
>but I guess it could happen that brltty still lives in the old root.

Yes, the current root directory is part of a process's data. Even a "cd /"
would still go to the initramfs roto. Perhaps we could add an option to specify
where teh root will move to (relative to the initramfs root) and brltty could
then keep checking for it until it shows up.

>I just checked, tty<n> exists, but vcsa1 is the only device
>that exists (because init has not yet started and there are no gettys yet).

I don't think gettys create those. I think its udev that does.

>So I could rpbobably also just set -W /dev ?

Yes, although some other interesting files, e.g. usbfs, may show up there too
then. That's probably okay, though. By the way: Does the initramfs stay mounted
to the final root file system?