[BRLTTY] Getting started

Daniel Dalton daniel.dalton47 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 08:31:34 EDT 2007

Hi,

I want to use fedora. I am just new to linux and want to use a
combination of both braille and speech. would I just need   BRLTTY?

I have windows installed here now. Should I just install fedora over the
top of windows?
Could this break the computer at all if something went wrong?
And if I need to get windows back how do I get it back? I don't have a disk.

How long does it take to install linux? And how long does it take to
install brltty?

I am using a braille note MPower. What connection should I use? I don't
have a serial port.

If I am just a beginner to linux should I try installing linux myself
with sighted help? The people I will be asking are just basic windows users.
So will I be able to install everything ok?

How long will it take before I can do most things that I could in
windows in linux?
Does anyone know of a good getting started guide to the terminal?

Also how do I make my braille display start at start up?
I read somewhere that you can damage a braille display some how if you
do this. Is this true? Or if I just install BRLTTY and boot  with it
connected will it be ok?

Thanks for any help.

--
Daniel Dalton