[BRLTTY] 3.8 Versions of brltty

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Sep 7 07:26:01 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by Christopher Gray on 2007/09/07 at 00:47 -0700]

>Over the weekend, I linked to the subversion site mentioned on the Orca braille
>page to get the 3.8 release of brltty.  However, it seems to have imported a
>brltty Version 3.9.

You're probably checking out the development stream. If you want to build from
scratch then you can check out 3.8 at:

   svn://mielke.cc/releases/brltty-3.8

If you want to use a tarball instead, you can download that at:

   http://mielke.cc/brltty/releases/brltty-3.8.tar.gz

>The 3.9 doesn't make for me because of some problem with
>speech.c.  Since I don't want 3.9 right now, I'm not necessarily interested in
>sorting through that problem.

But we are. :-) Could you please send us a log of the problem so that we can
fix it? Thanks.

>As an aside, the 3.9 version works very badly with Vario40.  In particular, many
>key presses are required for left/right and some other keys as well.

Do you mean that you don't like the key combinations, or that you have to press
them over and over again in order to finally get a response?

>It appears very unstable in its current form.

It's not supposed to be so we'd really like to try to understand the problem
you're experiencing.