[BRLTTY] Problem with speech.c

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Fri Sep 7 18:47:48 EDT 2007

Christopher Gray <chris at bayareadigital.us> writes:

> I have 3.8 working now in a terminal window.  However, when I go to a
> full-screen session, alt+ctrl+f7 in Ubuntu, I get the message "not in text
> mode".  Is their a cure for this?

That depends if you are already logged in to GNOME or not.
I havent managed to get GDM accessible with Orca at all yet.
But if you are logged in and orca is running, it should
actually work with brltty 3.8, at least it works here
on my Debian machine.

Did the brltty python bindings build and install for you?  that is
what you need to have Orca talk to brltty 3.8.

--
CYa,
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'