[BRLTTY] Fedora core 7 installer

Stepan Kasal skasal at redhat.com
Mon Sep 10 02:52:40 EDT 2007

Hello,

On Sun, Sep 09, 2007 at 11:34:36PM +0200, Sauro Cesaretti wrote:
> I'd like to know if fedora core 7 brallified installer is available.
> If it's not available, is it possible to create it by myself?
> can you give me some information to do that?

Perhaps I might help you.  Let me describe the situation:

- I work for Red Hat, big part of my time is dedicated to developping
  Fedora; so I might be useful here.
- I used to have some contacts to a charity which used to have
  Braille printer; I'm not sure if they still have it.  I guess they
  might help me to get access to a Braille tty.

But there are also negatives:

Though I remember playing with a Braille typewriter and Braille "pen"
and dotted-pad (don't know the official name), I cannot read Braille
at all.  So I have only a very limited ability to check that the
Braille tty shows the same as the screen.  And, obviously, sighted
user can easily miss something trivial.

I have never worked on Anaconda (the installer for Fedora), nor
tested the install process.  Installing Fedora is something I
"survive" once a year, and that's all.

I'm not an official speaker for Fedora, but I believe we all wish to
have Fedora friendly to Braille users.  Obviously, our main interest
is to fix the development version, so that Fedora 9 is Braille ready.
(Fedora 8 is probably too close to release for any bigger changes.)
Let me know how I can help.

Have a nice day,
	Stepan Kasal