[BRLTTY] super live boot testing

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Wed Sep 26 12:19:17 EDT 2007

How about if the user could press <esc> to get a command line where we can
specify what we need. For example, to start a Red Hat installation
(modified) we type something like:

brltty=<braille_device>,<Linux_device>,<braille_table>

This can be used along with other options to the installer such as

mediacheck

or whatever. The brltty command, at least, is pretty much a standard.

Personally, I doubt you'll get much support from us if you expect us to
interact with a menu without being able to read it.

WRT Debian, it can detect only USB braille displays, right? If it's a serial
unit then a command of the type given above would still be needed?

--
Lee Maschmeyer
<lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu>

"Be kind to your fur-bearing friends,