[BRLTTY] Posting to the list may resume.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Apr 21 13:52:55 EDT 2008

It appears that this list is once again available for posting. I'm sorry for
the rather long outage. Since I suspect there are at least a few curious people
out there, here's the summary.

My ISP started insisting that all from addresses which aren't from its own
domain be formally registered. That process is easy enough to do except that
they have a limit of ten such addresses which, for us, is too low. That meant
that I had to purchase outgoing SMTP services from elsewhere but the list
traffic would've made that way too expensive. I then checked out some external
code hosting services but found their web pages to be either too cumbersome or
too inaccessible. I finally declared war on postfix and finally figured out how
to route just list posts, i.e. how to do sender-based routing, through my ISP
so that they won't cost me anything.