[BRLTTY] (forw) Pronunciation problem in the SD driver

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Tue Apr 22 05:09:16 EDT 2008

----- Forwarded message from Hermann <meinelisten at onlinehome.de> -----

From: Hermann <meinelisten at onlinehome.de>
Subject: Pronunciation problem in the SD driver
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 12:32:23 +0200
To: brltty at mielke.cc

Hi,
since revision 3649 the SD driver echos all the
letters/punctuation/figures while typing. I think that's right, but
there's one problem: In German the figure "1" is the word "eins". Sd speaks "ein". It's a brltty problem, since other
screen readers, such as Speakup and SBL, pronounce it correctly. Also the command:
spd-say "1"
echos the correct word "eins".
What could be the reason for this? I guess brltty itself doesn't create pronunciation rules, so it must be something
with
the pass through to SD.
Hermann

--