[BRLTTY] usb_to_serial port name

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Apr 25 00:30:47 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Daniel Dalton on 2008/04/25 at 14:23 +1000]

>When I get my usb to serial cable how do I tell brltty that its a usb to
>serial cable?
>(for -d)
>So what's the device name basically?

USB->Serial adapters create serial devices with names that look like "ttyUSBn".
Note that the "tty" is in lowercase, the "USB" is in uppercase, and the "n" is
a decimal integer starting from 0. If you only have one such device then its
name will be "ttyUSB0". Remember to tell brltty to use serial (not USB) I/O.