[BRLTTY] usb to serial problems

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Sat Apr 26 00:08:24 EDT 2008

Hi all,

When pluging my braille note into my box with a usb to serial (and an
adapter) (So it will connect since the port on the end of the cable is not
different so won't connect to the BN) I then plug the usb end into my usb
port.
$ sudo dmesg | less

The last two lines I see are:

usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 13 usb 1-1:
configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice pl2303 1-1:1.0: ch341-uart converter
detected usb 1-1: ch341-uart converter now attached to ttyUSB1

So I assume it is detected and run:
brltty -b bn -d ttyUSB1
Then
brltty -b bn -d ttyUSB0

Am I missing something? would BRLTTY be looking at my /etc/brltty.conf
file instead of the arguments I give?
I don't get braille...

Thanks for any help!

Or is this a braille note issue?