[BRLTTY] Text mode toggles

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Thu Dec 18 16:13:39 EST 2008

Hi folks,

I'd like to suggest a slight reworking of the options suggested by Dave in
another item. Note that I know only English braille so may be overlooking
important considerations. But to keep the ball rolling, how about these:

6/8 dots: We already have this, but see below.

Contracted/Uncontracted: If contracted is on, it would show up as contracted
braille does now. If it's off, it would show up in either 6 or 8 dots as
selected above.

Expand/No-expand: If Contracted is off, this would have no effect. If it's
on, expand in literary braille. Anyone wanting computer braille could turn
contractions off; now that we have expanding in literary (grade 1) braille
there's no need to expand in computer braille.

I assume that whether contracted braille uses the dot 6 capital sign is
chosen by the braille table.

Preferred subset of tables is needed somehow. Perhaps on the 6/8-dot key?
The subsets in question would be specified in the configuration file.

Does that suffice?

--

Lee Maschmeyer
Wayne State University