[BRLTTY] Screen screen driver?

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Fri Dec 19 06:58:29 EST 2008

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

>>does the current screen patch/driver support unicode?  screen (since some
>>4.0.x release) does support UTF-8 somehow.
>
> No, it doesn't. I had a look at it once and think I know how to do it. I'll
> have another look.
Maybe its more useful to invest the time into some framebuffer console emulator
support, which would essentially give us the same capabilities.

>>Would I be able to use more than 512 unicode characters at once if I were to
>>use brltty with the screen driver?
>
> Probably, except they still wouldn't display on the actual screen.

That I know.  Which is yet another reason for prefering the fb terminal emulator
approach, since that way, even on-screen display could work.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'