[BRLTTY] OT: making grub or grub2 beep

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Dec 19 18:19:20 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 11:35:49PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> grub2 has a sound module.

That will be useful.

When do you think we can expect grub2 to be stable enough for use on machines
that need to boot reliably?

I'm actually using XFS as my file system, which has had problems with Grub in
the past, though.

Adding braille support to some of the free/open BIOS implementations,
especially the Linux-based ones such as LinuxBIOS, should be possible with
BRLTTY. I'm also thinking about those boards that come with Linux
pre-installed in flash, available prior to booting from the hard drive, which
could take a small distribution that includes BRLTTY.