[BRLTTY] Cut & paste

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Tue Feb 5 09:21:33 EST 2008

Dave Mielke, le Tue 05 Feb 2008 09:12:48 -0500, a écrit :
> [quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2008/02/05 at 13:44 +0000]
>
> >I wonder: shouldn't linear cut & paste always behave like this while
> >rectangular shouldn't?
>
> How do other cut-and-paste facilities like gpm and X do it?

They usually don't support rectangular cut & paste.

However, there is a common heuristic about end of line: if the last
character is a blank, then put a newline. Else, assume that it's a
continued line.

> What should be done with leading blanks when lines are wrapped the way vim
> does, i.e. after the line number?

Which line number?  By default vim doesn't show any line number.

> What should be done with trailing blanks when, say, lines are wrapped on word
> boundaries?

I'd say it should be conservative and keep the blanks, which often don't
hurt, and sometimes are important.

Samuel