[BRLTTY] How to enter the preference menu on Alva Satellite 584?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Feb 28 09:52:28 EST 2008

[quoted lines by Adrian P. van Bloois on 2008/02/28 at 15:33 +0100]

WWhat are the other data meaning?
>I see 1:25 and 15:25

The first pair is the column and line where the braille display is on the
screen, and the second pair is the column and line where the cursor is on the
screen.

>at the end it says tvt 8, what does that mean???

That's a summary of the more common preferences. The first character is t if
cursor tracking is on and blank if it isn't. The second character is v if the
cursor is visible and solid, b if the cursor is blinking, and blank if the
cursor is not shown. The third character is t if text is being presented or a
if attributes are being presented. The fourth character is f if screen freeze
mode is on or blank otherwise. The fifth character is 8 in 8-dot mode or 6 in
6-dot mode. The sixth character is b if capital letters are set to blinking or
blank otherwise.

>The third statuscell aalways gives an letter t, can I do anything usefull
>with that cell???

It's not configurable. Each dot represents a feature: dot 1 for screen freeze,
dot 2 for attributes being presented, dot 3 for alert tunes being on, dot 4 for
visible cursor, dot 5 for cursor represented by all dots, dot 6 for blinking
cursor, dot 7 for cursor tracking, dot 8 for sliding window.