[BRLTTY] how to install opensolaris with brltty?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Mon Jan 7 04:10:44 EST 2008

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 09:47:11AM +0100, marco.fisch at n-ergie.de wrote:
> could i install opensolaris with brltty?

Not as far as I am aware, except possibly remotely over a network. From what I
have read on mailing lists, OpenSolaris have their Gnome accessibility in
order but I haven't read anything about work on the installation procedure.

Thanks to Samuel Thibault, debian (and hence Debian-derived) distributions
have the advantage here, in that BRLTTY is included by default in the
installation image. Dave Mielke (and possibly others) have made it possible to
modify Fedora installation images to include BRLTTY, but it still isn't
provided by default as far as I know.