[BRLTTY] Bluetooth

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Jan 17 02:02:50 EST 2008

[quoted lines by Stéphane Doyon on 2008/01/16 at 23:52 -0500]

>This is of course somewhat clunky. The right thing to do would probably be
>for BRLTTY to register as an agent over dbus and provide the PIN directly.

Yes, this is something I'd like to do. Please, all, give me your ideas on how
we should be telling brltty what the braille display's bluetooth pin is.

>One glitch I've had is if the USB bluetooth dongle is disconnected: brltty
>keeps writing to the dead bluetooth interface indefinitely, all the while
>flooding your log with "Transport endpoint is not connected". The attached
>patch is my quick&dirty fix for this: perhaps this could be better done
>at a higher level that would apply to all drivers?

Can you please see if there's a way to trap the error on the read instead of on
the write so that BRL_CMD_RESTARTBRL can be returned without support for a
pending command?