[BRLTTY] Bluetooth

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Jan 18 11:02:34 EST 2008

[quoted lines by Stéphane Doyon on 2008/01/18 at 10:22 -0500]

>I would have the PIN as part of the configuration. Unless I'm missing an
>important use case, I don't see any point in trying to prompt for it,
>since the user is most likely trying to get his display working and
>probably has no way to read the prompt.

The issue to me is whether or not we should be adding complexity in order to
hide the PIN. Using the bluez-supplied passkey-agent, however, already puts the
PIN on full display for clever ps users and /proc analyzers.

>One idea: put it in the device specifier.
>braille-device usb:,bt:00:A0:00:00:00:FF/1234

This, I think, is a good starting point.

>Add an inclusion mechanism to brltty.conf parsing, by which sub config
>files can be sourced.

And this would be a good general feature to add later.

>Well... as I said, brltty just kept going. That would seem to imply that
>there were no read errors. Is there something specific I should try?

Could you please try logging read errors right in readBaumPacket(), or at an
even lower level, just to see if an error like ENOTCONN is being lost somewhere
in the higher levels?

>Instead of adding support for pending commands, perhaps we could define an
>error case for brl_writeWindow() that would cause a reset,

It's always sort of bothered me that it doesn't do this already so maybe this
is a good excuse to finally do it.