[BRLTTY] Bluetooth

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Jan 18 22:58:04 EST 2008

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 11:02:34AM -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:

> >One idea: put it in the device specifier.
> >braille-device usb:,bt:00:A0:00:00:00:FF/1234
>
> This, I think, is a good starting point.

I agree. The configuration file can always be set to permissions 600 if
desired, though, frankly, I wouldn't make any effort to conceal the pin; if
anyone managed to get access to my box  without authorization I would have
more serious problems to worry about.

> >Add an inclusion mechanism to brltty.conf parsing, by which sub config
> >files can be sourced.
>
> And this would be a good general feature to add later.

That's a good plan.

I am in favour of making it possible for those who wish to hide the pin to do
so, but preferably without complicating the process for those of us who don't
care.