[BRLTTY] xbrlapi on Ubuntu 8.04

Jan Mura jan.mura at volny.cz
Tue Jun 3 02:17:14 EDT 2008

Hello,

because I've got a problem with Ubuntu too, I'm sending it to this thread.

 I have installed Ubuntu Linux on my notebook.
 And as for my Braille display it just shows :

 A startup problem

 But I found today once it started to run. At the beginning it showed the
 same error but then I found out it runs. But I did nothing to start it.
 I restarted the computer but it just showed the error.

 I have tried to do the same things as in last session. So I run some
 command as root(using sudo), then I tried restart BRLTTY(/et/init.d/brltty
 restart) but nothing happened.
 Before I had Gentoo Linux and I used console only  and it always run
 correctly.
 It is BRLTTY 3.7.
I've got Alva Satellite with USB.

I know it is quite difficult to say something about it because the
 description of a problem is really uncertain.
 But would like to ask if there is some log file for BRLTTY to look in.
Also have found it is not possible to compile my C programs on Ubuntu
because gcc cannot find the header files. But don't think it has any
connection with BRLTTY problems.
Anyway I liked Gentoo much more :-)
 Thank you very much

 Jan Mura