[BRLTTY] display configuration problems

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Tue Jun 3 08:48:27 EDT 2008

"Moritz" <moritz.wyder at gmx.ch> writes:

> Hi Jason
> Sorry. here come more details: my display is connected serial to usb with
> the computer, because that laptop doesn't have a serial port. No error
> messages have appeared so far but it doesn't find the display automatically.
> I then tried different things out, but couldn't get it to work.
> is this specific enough? :-)

Try the following start command from the prompt:
brltty -b bm -d ttyUSB0 -t de
Please read it carefully, because you must write it case sensitive.
Does this start your display?
If so, open /etc/brltty.conf with any editor and check it carefully in
order to adjust those parameters: braille-driver, braille-device and
text-table.
When you've done this,
brltty
without specifications should work.
In order to integrate it into your system's start up procedure write the
following:
update-rc.d brltty defaults
Note: You have to do all this as root.
Hermann

--
All peoples would live in peace, if they could give up only two things: God
and Country.