[BRLTTY] xbrlapi on Ubuntu 8.04

Stéphane Doyon s.doyon at videotron.ca
Wed Jun 4 11:05:21 EDT 2008

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> Dave Mielke, le Wed 04 Jun 2008 10:31:27 -0400, a écrit :
>> [quoted lines by Hermann on 2008/06/04 at 11:33 +0200]

>>> Not the key press,
>>
>> Are you saying that we should get rid of the need for the key press to clear
>> the message? If we do that, what do you suggest? Should we just display the
>> message for a few seconds and then let it go away automatically?
>
> I guess he meant the key press wasn't posing problem.
> However, my feeling is that pressing a key is not necessarily so
> obvious, a delay (even up to 10s) would be welcome.

I have to disagree. I like the keypress just fine. You have time to read
it, no chance of missing it if you weren't watching the boot sequence. And
much less annoying than a 10s wait if you're unable or unwilling to fix
the problem. That you have to press a key might not be 100% obvious, but
it's still fairly obvious IMO: I mean what else would you think of doing,
wouldn't you eventually try that?

--
Stéphane Doyon
<s.doyon at videotron.ca>