[BRLTTY] New to the List

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 14 19:21:12 EDT 2008

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008, Chris Hallsworth wrote:

> 	Hi all, I've just joined this list as I'd like to use my BrailleNote mPower
> as a Braille display via bluetooth under Ubuntu Linux 8.04. If anyone has
> any step-by-step instructions (as I'm new to the world of Linux), that

You can't as I told you off-list. Here is the reply I got from Dave
about this very same question a few days ago if your interested. (I
think he wrote the braille note driver.)

Start message.

[quoted lines by Jason White on 2008/06/13 at 17:42 +1000]
>For Bluetooth, it is my understanding that support would need to be provided
>directly in BRLTTY, and, having looked briefly at the code, this doesn't
>appear to have happened yet.

That's correct. It hasn't happened yet because I haven't had access to a BrailleNote with Bluetooth.

End message.

Hey BTW, how come brltty doesn't paste the line breaks when I cut and
paste? For example when I pasted Dave's message it had new lines in
completely different spots to his real message... So for example 2 >
signs were on one line.
I just did: space + 12356 and hit the cursor routing button then I did
space+12456 and pressed the routing key at the end of the block.
How can I fix this?

Thanks, and I hope this helps,

--
Daniel Dalton