[BRLTTY] Question about brltty on windows and operation withother screen readers

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Sat Nov 1 18:04:10 EDT 2008

It was showing nothing, that was until I went to the command prompt, at
which point it showed brltty output for the command prompt, and then ran the
uninstall.bat file in the brltty directory to stop it (in the hope that I
would then be able to use braille with window-eyes). After running
uninstall.bat, the brltty terminated message showed, but I could not get
window-eyes to use my braille display (even re-selecting the ALVA from the
window-eyes braille display window or restarting window-eyes, NOTE: I
haven't tried restarting the computer, because having to do that would not
be acceptable for every time I might want to switch from using NVDA to
window-eyes). Also as a note, I have checked in task manager, and there is
no process beginning with "brl".

Michael Whapples