[BRLTTY] brltty vmware keys fail

Andor Demarteau andor at nl.linux.org
Sat Nov 15 15:43:19 EST 2008

hi all,

just installed vmware fusion 2.0 on my new cool macbook.
I installed ubuntu 8.10 as a guest OS.

This system is running brltty 3.10 as default.

Bigest issue and very annoying trouble is that no key on my braille
display (tested only with a brialle voyager as my baum vconnect isn't
working yet with this brltty release) is giving any feedback to brltty.
Net result of this is that all keypresses on the display are completely
ignored which makes the install pretty and nearly cimpletely unusable.

I have seen some others having this issue and I am wondering if there is a
fix for this.

Would using the virtual braille device be of any use in this problem?

please help!
As my maijn laptop is dying (the disc thatis) I need a fix quickly,
otherwise I would get in somewhat of a problem with my job :(

regards,
Andor

p.s.
apart form some feature requests and some inconsistancies/bugs, mac osx is
working quite okay.
But I'd rahter have a linux install as a backup.
(sorry for typo's in this mail, my display won't scroll so reading back is
even more of a time consuming task then normal)

Andor Demarteau                 E-mail: andor at nl.linux.org
student computer science        www: http://www.nl.linux.org/~andor
UU based & VU guest-student     jabber,icq,msn,voip: do ask ;)