[BRLTTY] Windows version - Brltty and Jaws sharing a port

James Teh jamie at jantrid.net
Tue Nov 25 13:13:41 EST 2008

On 26/11/2008 4:02 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> The design issue is that it's convenient for the user to get feedback
> from braille working when starting brltty, and on the other hand that
> conflicts with jaws trying to do the same...
Yes - I understand. If a user really wants to rely on BRLTTY, we
probably need a BRLAPI driver for JAWS. :) More seriously, is there any
possibility of having an configuration option to skip the BRLTTY startup
message? This way, JAWS users could set this to ensure that JAWS will
grab the display at startup (since BRLTTY should release it by default).

--
James Teh
Email/MSN Messenger/Jabber: jamie at jantrid.net
Web site: http://www.jantrid.net/