[BRLTTY] German contraction tables

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Wed Nov 26 10:43:41 EST 2008

Hi.

This is a note to interested users capable of reading german contracted
braille.  BRLTTY now includes contraction tables for german:
 * de-vollschrift.ctb only implements the basic syllable-contractions
   au, ch, eu, ei, ie, sch and st.  This is the basic level of contraction
   you usually start with in early school years.
 * de-kurzschrift.ctb: This is full contracted german braille with all
   standardized contractions.  Its based on the 1998 standard.

While this is only under development since roughly a week, its now
at a point where (if you're lucky) you can read a screenful of
text without hitting an error.  OTOH, if you choose the right
area, you might find a lot of problems, who knows.
Thats why I'd like you to give what we have in svn now a try.
I have a update pending sent to dave that he will probably commit
later today, so maybe wait for that update.
If you find problematic words, please send them to me
via private mail.  The more words you can find that the system
obviously does wrong, the better.  And if possible, provide
context if the word is rare.

Basically, whatever we find now, you don't have to stumble across later.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'