[BRLTTY] how to use readKey on Windows

Thijs Koerselman thijskoerselman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 16:28:47 EST 2008

I seem to have worked something out. It's still a bit dodgy, but at least
it's working.

First of all I (still) need to call enterTtyModeWithPath() instead of
enterTtyMode(), otherwise I never seem to get input. Sometimes there appears
to be a problem related to the window focus. In those cases when I switch
back and forth between my app and the command prompt, it works. Mostly it
just seems to work though.

>From the infinite loop, I now don't wait for the input anymore, but rather
probe the device at a very short interval. If, instead, I wait for input and
no input is coming, I have a problem when my app wants to close. On close I
try to end the thread of the input loop, and this hangs my app in case it is
waiting on readKey() to return.

So far so good...

Thijs