[BRLTTY] key echo in SD output not speaking

Jan Buchal buchal at brailcom.org
Wed Nov 26 17:35:11 EST 2008

    DM> [quoted lines by Jan Buchal on 2008/11/23 at 12:25 +0100]
    >> I upgrade on latest svn version of brltty just now and configure
    >> my brltty for SD output. Lines are spoken but key echo is
    >> silence. Where can be a problem?

    DM> Key echo is done differently than line speaking in a way which
    DM> is supposed to ensure that characters which may normally be
    DM> unspoken, e.g. a space, are always spoken. It may be, however,
    DM> that older drivers don't understand this mechanism. Please,
    DM> therefore, ensure that you're using the latest version of
    DM> whatever you use to actually produce the speech. What I can tell
    DM> you for sure is that what I myslef test with, i.e. Speech
    DM> Dispatcher 0.6.7 and Festival Lite 1.2, does work.
I use latest version of speech dispatcher, latest of brltty and latest
of festival. Brltty I compilled again just now however the result is
still the same, key echo not works. Before compilling I uninstall the
brltty, make make distclean, then ./autogen, ./configure and make, make
install again.

--

Jan Buchal
Tel: (00420) 24 24 86 008