[BRLTTY] Losing cursor in the latest versions from SVN

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Fri Nov 28 12:47:23 EST 2008

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

>>I can confirm this one, just happened to me.  When it happened,
>>I just pressed return to open a mail folder in Gnus, which basically
>>means the cursor jumps down to the last line on the screen (since there is
>>prompt).  The jump is like from line 6 to line 50.
>
> Did you happen to check your status cells to see where brltty thought the
> cursor was?

Now it happened again, and I reconfigured my status cells to show these infos.
The fact is that the cursor is at an unknown location, the status
cells correctly reflect its position.  State dots also tells me that cursor
tracking is on, but it apparently isn't working.  I should add that the
initiating event this time was me clicking a routing key to move the cursor
from one cell to another on the same line.  I hear the routing-started
sound, but no routing end sound, no failed either.  I dont remember if the
cursor moved, I was so puzzled, but from then on, cursor tracking didn't work
anymore.  I should probably also add that I am currently running
the SD speech driver (due to the recent testing stuff) but have autospeak
set to no.

> Did you try entering further input to see if the cursor would eventually

> come back into view?
Again this time, everyting works, the cursor is visible, but the display
doesn't follow its movements.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'