[BRLTTY] braille doesn't work at all under Ubuntu 8.04.1

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Sep 4 08:03:37 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2008/09/04 at 13:42 +0200]

>I'd think that brltty could handle these cases.

Yes. 3.11 (not yet released) already uses the locale to determine the default
text table rather than just assuming North American braille. That doesn't mean,
of course, that we know yet what all the locale-to-table mappings should be.

>there are a lot of special cases like nl_BE.  The installer team will most
>probably not have the knowledge to achieve this, brltty should probably
>provide something to do it so that the knowledge can be maintained within
>brltty.

Yes, as it should work the same way regardless of which distribution's
installer is being used.

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | The Bible is the Word of God.
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | May 21, 2011, is Judgement Day.