[BRLTTY] will reinstall Fup: Re: braille doesn't work at all under Ubuntu 8.04.1

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Sep 4 10:08:26 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Labrador on 2008/09/04 at 15:35 +0200]

>Hm, did someone know a visually impared person doing that? :-)

Yes, blind users do use USB-serial adapters. Many have older, serial-only
displays but newer laptops which don't have serial ports.

>Well they seem to understand it for the previous Gutsy release,

Perhaps (I'm just guessing) a user with a USB-serial adapter complained that
selecting USB didn't work so they thought they had it wrong.

>except taht it was the same script who caused overriding of your personalized
>/etc/brltty.conf in Gutsy, whichfore we had to put a "#" before three lines
>inside that script (people may correct me if I'm wrong)

Maybe Ubuntu shouldn't try to create /etc/brltty.conf if it already exists.
That'd also solve the prompt on every boot issue.

>I better reinstall my system.

There's no need for that at all. Just report to the Ubuntu people that they
need to offer two options for USB, i.e. one for direct USB and another for
USB-serial.

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | The Bible is the Word of God.
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | May 21, 2011, is Judgement Day.