[BRLTTY] Brltty.log from debian unstable on vmware fusion

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Fri Sep 12 22:36:41 EDT 2008

I didn't remember whether we could attach on this list so my brltty.log is
below. A while ago when I killed brltty, I got the six cells I mentioned
before but it doesn't always happen. I'm now using the latest revission
from the repository. I disabled beeper, fm, midi and fm in this
configuration because I didn't want alert tunes and knew I might not be
able to use the prefs menu. Of course part of this is that brltty can't
open the .prefs file. Actually I can access the prefs menu if I ignor the
characters when I first press the chord but once there it takes more than
one chord-4 to move ahead and then the items to be either skipped or out
of order. I have to press the spacebar several times to change its value
and I can't save anyway.

I'm still having the same problems with the latest development version as
I had with Ubuntu and debian's. When in a console, I can go back once with
the advance bar and then I can get some other lines but some are skipped
are truncated. Even if I open emacs, I can only read what is on the line
of braille I'm on even if the actual line is longer though if I move the
cursor I can eventually see the rest of the line.

I can at least change between grade 2 and computer braille, though when i
do so I at first just see a blank line except that if I'm switching to
grade two I see what looks like an exclamation mark at the far left of the
display; when I switch to computer braille I just get a blank line. After
switching several times using the chord-2346, the line I'm on, for
instance my prompt line, will again pop up or I can get back to it by
typing a letter after I've done the chord.

Logfile:

BRLTTY 3.11dev rev 3925 [http://mielke.cc/brltty/]
brltty: Working Directory: /etc/brltty
brltty: Writable Directory: /lib/brltty/rw
brltty: Configuration File: /etc/brltty.conf
brltty: Data Directory: /etc/brltty
brltty: Library Directory: /lib/brltty
brltty: Tables Directory: /etc/brltty
brltty: file opened: /etc/brltty/en_US.ttb fd=3
brltty: including data file: /etc/brltty/en_US.ttb
brltty: file opened: /etc/brltty/letters-latin.tti fd=4
brltty: including data file: /etc/brltty/letters-latin.tti
brltty: file opened: /etc/brltty/control-latin.tti fd=4
brltty: including data file: /etc/brltty/control-latin.tti
brltty: file opened: /etc/brltty/numbers-nemeth.tti fd=4
brltty: including data file: /etc/brltty/numbers-nemeth.tti
brltty: file opened: /etc/brltty/common.tti fd=4
brltty: including data file: /etc/brltty/common.tti
brltty: file opened: /etc/brltty/spaces.tti fd=5
brltty: including data file: /etc/brltty/spaces.tti
brltty: file opened: /etc/brltty/boxes.tti fd=5
brltty: including data file: /etc/brltty/boxes.tti
brltty: Text Table: en_US
brltty: Attributes Table: attributes
brltty: compiling contraction table: /etc/brltty/en-us-g2.ctb
brltty: file opened: /etc/brltty/en-us-g2.ctb fd=3
brltty: including data file: /etc/brltty/en-us-g2.ctb
brltty: file opened: /etc/brltty/countries.cti fd=4
brltty: including data file: /etc/brltty/countries.cti
brltty: Contraction Table: en-us-g2
brltty: checking for screen driver: lx
brltty: initializing screen driver: lx
brltty: device directory: /dev
brltty: checking screen device: /dev/vcsa
brltty: screen device: vcsa
brltty: checking console device: /dev/tty0
brltty: console device: tty0
brltty: device opened: /dev/vcsa: fd=3
brltty: screen opened: vcsa: fd=3
brltty: device opened: /dev/tty0: fd=4
brltty: console opened: tty0: fd=4
brltty: Screen Font Map Size: 266
brltty: VGA Character Count: 256(small)
brltty: attributes masks: font=0000 unshifted=FF00 shifted=0000
brltty: Screen Driver: lx [Linux]
brltty: Linux Screen Driver:
brltty: Screen Parameter: charset=
brltty: Screen Parameter: hfb=
brltty: Screen Parameter: debugsfm=
brltty: BrlAPI Server: release 0.5.2
brltty: API Parameter: auth=
brltty: API Parameter: host=
brltty: API Parameter: stacksize=
brltty: linking local socket lock: File exists
brltty: socket 0 established (fd 5)
brltty: exit status: 0
brltty: Console opened: fd=7
brltty: checking braille device: ttyUSB0
brltty: checking for braille driver: bl
brltty: initializing braille driver: bl -> ttyUSB0
brltty: Opening serial port: ttyUSB0
brltty: socket 1 established (fd 6)
brltty: serial device opened: /dev/ttyUSB0: fd=8
brltty: Got response.
brltty: Braille Lite 40 detected.
brltty: Braille Display Dimensions: 1 row, 40 columns
brltty: shifts: fwin=40 hwin=20 vwin=5
brltty: api link
brltty: Braille Driver: bl [BrailleLite]
brltty: BrailleLite Braille Driver: version 0.6.0 (June 2003)
brltty: Braille Parameter: baudrate=
brltty: Braille Parameter: kbemu=
brltty: Braille Device: ttyUSB0
brltty: Help File: brltty-bl.hlp
brltty: Help Page: /etc/brltty/brltty-bl.hlp[0]
brltty: Preferences File: /etc/brltty-bl.prefs
brltty: cannot open file: /etc/brltty-bl.prefs: No such file or directory
brltty: api unlink
brltty: api link
brltty: no autodetectable speech drivers
brltty: checking for speech driver: no
brltty: initializing speech driver: no
brltty: Speech Driver: no [NoSpeech]
brltty: NoSpeech Speech Driver:
brltty: Speech FIFO: none
brltty: Screen Font Map Size: 266
brltty: VGA Character Count: 256(small)
brltty: attributes masks: font=0000 unshifted=FF00 shifted=0000
brltty: command: 000017
brltty: command: 000017
brltty: command: 000017
brltty: command: 000017