[BRLTTY] Brltty.log from debian unstable on vmware fusion

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Sep 17 13:48:56 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Cheryl Homiak on 2008/09/17 at 12:26 -0500]

>Problems related to serial are certainly a possibility, but I can run
>wincoweyes and/or jaws suing the same serial connection in vmware
>fusion with no problem.

Would that be using the serial port to write to a speech synthesizer? If so,
that may be evidence that output is working okay whereas your problem with
brltty may be that input isn't working properly.

Also, as Samuel mentioned, it may be a problem with the hardware flow control
lines. The BrailleLite needs them to work whereas your speech synthesizer may
not care.

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | The Bible is the Word of God.
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | May 21, 2011, is Judgement Day.