[BRLTTY] Trouble with Seika display and brlapi

Rob Meredith rmeredith at aph.org
Wed Sep 17 15:39:01 EDT 2008

Hello:

I got the Seika display working with brltty a few days back. And, while I am not an experienced brltty user, it seems to be working fine, at least as far as text being displayed consistently. (Input from the display may need some attention at a later time.) As a reminder, the Seika emulates a TSI PowerBraille 40, and thus looks like a serial device, though it uses a USB connection.

My problem is that when I use brlapi with the Seika, I only see every 1 out of ten to twelve lines which I write to the display. I can't imagine why brlapi would function differently then brltty with this display.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this, and what I might do to try to correctit?

Rob